Saturday, May 7, 2011

Singer Sewing Brunch

I was so excited to get to go to Ashley's Singer Mother's Day Brunch.  She won the chance to do the party through Houseparty.com.  She had a personal lesson on how to use the Singer Sewing Machine, then the rest of us got to benefit from all of her preparations.   

Speaking of preparations, Ashley made this chocolate sewing box herself!!!  The entire thing is molded chocolate!  It must have taken her FOREVER to make it!  Sew cute!

She also made these darling Oreo Cookie Pops.  She stenciled the designs on with spray decorator coloring.  They were just ADORABLE!!!  What a good idea.  I may have to do some of those myself.

Here is the fancy machine and spotlight of our sewing event.  It was super smooth and fun to use.  The decorative stitches were adorable.  

Ashley came up with some fun projects for us to make while trying out on the new machine.  We made cute little Key Fobs, Book Marks, and my personal favorite, a Tissue Holder!  I would show you what I made but my kids have already claimed them as their own.  Funny how this was a "Mother's Day" event.  I guess that means I got to go make the projects, not that I get to keep them.  I will take what I can get :0)

We had quite the spread of yummy food to choose from and Ashley had made up some amazing goodie bags.  
Here is a closer look at what was inside...
Enough Joanns coupons for an army, a skirt pattern, a purse pattern, a number of other coupons and offers, a measuring tape, and spools of thread.  Ashley made the cute sewing machine magnets.  Apparently the purple toe separator is to store bobbins!  I was told that the bobbins fit in each toe spot and keep the bobbins snug.  I can't wait to give that one a try!

Ashley also made us all these darling necklaces and earrings herself!  WOW!  She must have been one busy little lady the past couple weeks!  I am so glad because I had a great time.

What a fabulous way to spend a morning, crafting, laughing, snacking and sitting in a room completely void of CHILDREN!!!  Thank You Ashley!!!  And thank you Singer, too!

1 comment:

  1. Check you out, on a roll! I just pressed send on your email and saw this. I am officially just sending everyone to your blog to see how it went! ;) So glad you had a good time. I was worried the projects would be a flop. Being so simple and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Novelty Print Quilt Pattern

I have had a hard time finding good quilt patterns for novelty prints the past couple times I purchased them.  I made up this pattern so tha...