Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Trinkets

I came up with the birthday gifts to hand out to the ladies at church this year.  You know I couldn't resist cutting something out on the band saw.  I am super excited about how these trinkets turned out.

The cupcake is cut from a 2x4.  I cut the frosting from 1/8" mdf {HomeDepot} with paper modge podged to the front.  I inked all edges with my permanent ink pad and applied a top coat of the modge podge to seal it all up.

I thought it would be cute to use a dumdum sucker as the cherry on top.  I drilled a hole as deep as I possibly could and it happened to be just deep enough.  The sucker fit completely inside, then I tied the curling ribbon on for added festiveness.  

The present is just a smaller version of my Christmas Present.
They turned out super cute.  I also cut these from a 2x4.  I glittered the "ribbon" sash for a little bling.  


I am still debating wrapping a sucker in the curly wire just to make things fair.   

Just for kicks and giggles I made up a pattern for anyone that wants it :0)
Click on the image to make it bigger, then right click and save.  As always, if you would rather have the original file {cause sometimes they don't copy well when posting} just email me and I will send it to you directly!!!
vanessa.cam5@gmail.com 

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I also love the sucker idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are so adorable!! The presents too of course. You are a magician on your scroll saw.

    ReplyDelete

Novelty Print Quilt Pattern

I have had a hard time finding good quilt patterns for novelty prints the past couple times I purchased them.  I made up this pattern so tha...