Saturday, August 11, 2012

Baby Bottle Cake Pops

HELLO!
I have missed you all so much :0J
We have had quite an adventure in Sioux Falls, SD this past two weeks.  Let me just say that finding a house to rent here is IMPOSSIBLE!
That said, I have had very little time to craft, and since most of my free time has been spent bawling my eyes out, I will take a couple days and post some projects I missed getting on the blog before we left Phoenix.

Here are my secrets about how I made Baby Bottle Cake PoPs...
Candy toppers!  These were made with lifesaver gummies and then {because it was what I had on hand} Hot Tamales.  I think I would have used Mike n' Ikes....but that would have required another trip to the store.  Not sure the fruity life savers, cinnamon hot tamales, and the Oreo cake pops all went together, but that is what happens when you ask a busy friend to make treats for your baby shower ;0}

Go ahead and stick the candies together before you start on the pops.  The hot tamales just stick right into the life savers. Doing it ahead of time will make the rest go a lot smoother.

K, so basic Oreo truffles here...used my cookie scoop to make 2Tbs balls of dough, then shaped them into cylinders like this.

Cut a stack of paper straws in half, then one at a time, dip one end into melted chocolate and insert it into the Oreo cake ball.  

You know these are actually cookie balls, right?  I have just always called them cake balls, so that is what we call them here in Sew*CakeMaker land.

Put those in the fridge until they are cold.  Next, dip just the Oreo part into white chocolate.  I like to place them into my cake pop stand to cool, then while the chocolate is still wet, place a prepared candy topper on top. 

Here is my group of bottles waiting for the last step.

Melt the nipple color of your choice and dip just until the candy topper is covered.  I like to slowly turn the bottle around making sure there aren't any holes in the chocolate.  Keep turning just a minute until you are sure the chocolate won't drip down into the white part.  I tried to draw measurement lines on the bottles, but it just looked weird, so I recommend taking the simpler road here and leave them just like this.
Ta-daH!
Super cute treats for the mommy to be or any self-respecting baby shower!
Love it!


So, going to bed now, but I will be back with pages of things to show you.  I totally forgot how busy the last couple of months have been until I flipped through the pictures again ;0)




12 comments:

  1. These are so cool! Pinned them. Thanks for sharing! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q: is the Oreo cookie dough cooked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. The dough is not cooked. Just mix ground up oreo bits (1 package) with one pack of cream cheese. No need to bake, just shape and dip in dipping chocolate. If you havent had it before and you are an Oreo fan you really need to try!!!!

      Delete
    2. No. The dough is not cooked. Just mix ground up oreo bits (1 package) with one pack of cream cheese. No need to bake, just shape and dip in dipping chocolate. If you havent had it before and you are an Oreo fan you really need to try!!!!

      Delete
  3. These are adorable! I am throwing a baby shower for my daughter and I will definitely make these. I have used Oreos as a base for "Frankenstein eyeballs" for Halloween. My recipe: 2 cups crushed Oreos (about 2 rows)scrape some of the stuffing out but not all, ½ cup finely chopped nuts~fine pieces but not powdered,3/4 cup raisins(chopped very small ~I use the food processor,1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice,3 Tblsp corn syrup. Blend all in processor & shape. Put into fridge to firm up a bit and then you're ready to dip into white almond bark and decorate! Really delicious but quite rich and this recipe make a lot of eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks for sharing that recipe. I will have to try it! It sounds fabulous.

      Delete
  4. Sorry for the silly question, but since you dip the oreo balls into the white chocolate do you need to dip them into the bakers chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if you are asking if I dip them twice, or if I am using white bakers chocolate. Honestly, I use almond bark. Plymouth Pantry Almond Bark sold at Walmart specifically. Here is a picture of it:

      http://www.walmart.com/ip/23324226?findingMethod=rr#Item+Description

      I just melt that in the microwave, careful not to microwave too long {it will get all clumpy if you over heat and you have to just throw it out}, then just dip the oreo mixture and let it cool. On to the next step.

      Let me know if you have any more questions!

      Delete
  5. Home listings and homes for sale near your area.
    Find your perfect property advertised by owner and real estate agent.
    More details used mobile homes for sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you make the dipping pink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy colored candy melts from local craft stores, or you can color chocolate or almond bark with an oil-based food coloring. Don't use regular food coloring you get at the grocery store, Wilton and a few other sites sell candy food coloring. The other is water based, and as you probably know, water will make the chocolate clump and ceaze up...I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but hopefully it helps!

      Vanessa
      The SewCakeMaker

      Delete
    2. You can buy colored candy melts from local craft stores, or you can color chocolate or almond bark with an oil-based food coloring. Don't use regular food coloring you get at the grocery store, Wilton and a few other sites sell candy food coloring. The other is water based, and as you probably know, water will make the chocolate clump and ceaze up...I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but hopefully it helps!

      Vanessa
      The SewCakeMaker

      Delete

Novelty Print Quilt Pattern

I have had a hard time finding good quilt patterns for novelty prints the past couple times I purchased them.  I made up this pattern so tha...