Wednesday, May 1, 2013

30 Days of Fun, 30 Projects Done

No, I don't have 30 projects in my unfinished project boxes right now, do I?!?  Yes.  I do.  I probably have 8 times that many actually.  I am actually a little excited for our "hang-out" time waiting for school to get out.  I get to have time to myself with not a stitch of cleaning barking at my door.  I have been working overtime on moving for so long I don't even remember what I did before the move :0D

I finally decided I wanted to finish 30 projects this month.  Some are going to be rather lame, but they took effort and have been taking up space in my craft room for long enough!  It is time to get a load of things done.

My first project was to finish cutting and tying this stack of fleece blankets.  I have been holding on to these for a couple months now.  We tied two of them as a family service project in December, but the other three just never made the top of the to-do list.  Now, they are done!
Well, thanks to Madison they are done.  I got through all but the last blanket and a half of tying the tassels when my hands cramped up.  I think they are on strike after the packing, scrubbing, and let's not forget my white-knuckle grip on the Penske steering wheel ;0)

I totally love this way of tying the tassels.  You layer two pieces of fleece on top of each other.  These are about 2 yards long and the width of the fleece, so about 60".  Next cut slits along the edges, about 1" wide and 3" long.  Fold the cut edge up and snip a small hole in the center of the tassel, just about where the tassel ends.  Then all you do is push both tassels through the snipped hole and pull them out the other side.  I also tacked the center and corners down with a quick couple stitches on my sewing machine to secure them down.  Finally!  Blankets complete!

While I have you, I thought I would show you where we are today :0)
If you look carefully,  you can tell the three air mattresses apart along the bottom and then see my own fabulous sleeping mat there along the top.  We are a close family, you see, and we just can't get enough of each other.  Actually, I am starting to feel like the days are flying and before long we will be home with Dad and free of school!  Yay!  Then the complaints of boredom will begin, I am sure.

Until that day, this will be my office.  What a doll my friend Mary is to give us the run of her basement while we wait out the next three weeks!  She keeps worrying about how we are sleeping and if we are warm and keeps offering to kick her own children out of their beds so we can have their rooms.  Silly, we just think of this little life adventure as "as close to camping as Mom is gonna get" ;0}

Now, to decide what unfinished project to start I mean finish next...  Mary, I am going to need another table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Novelty Print Quilt Pattern

I have had a hard time finding good quilt patterns for novelty prints the past couple times I purchased them.  I made up this pattern so tha...