Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2 Projects and Fun!

Project 2:  Cinderella Peasant Dress
I actually made this little dress in the days just before we left for Disney World.  In fact, Emmers wore it to the Mall of America the day before we flew to Florida.  I didn't add the elastic to the waist and actually overheard one old lady saying to another old lady, "Awe, look at the little Christian Girl."  

While Emmers IS a cute little Christian Girl, I was aiming more for "cute little girl in a dress" or something.  I decided that elastic in the waist was what the dress was missing.  The Cinderella Peasant dress was thrown in the to-do box and forgotten until today!  I pulled out my project boxes set aside while packing and found the dress.  *BAM*  It may be a simple fix, but it IS FIXED, so I am counting the elastic waist improvement as Finished Project number 2!

Oh, and here is her highness now!  Curtsie.  Such fabulous manners :0O  Such fine upbringing you have had.  I would love to meet your mother ;0}

Ok, the long sleeve shirt under the dress may make it still look like a "Christian Girl" dress, but it is like 30 degrees outside and it is May!  Other than that, Love the dress!  I am not a big fan of character print fabrics, but I think this was a good way to use it for my Cinderella obsessed girlie.

And finish with a big spin....Done!
Project 2 Done.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I would like to thank all of the little people that let me have a moment alone to finish this dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Novelty Print Quilt Pattern

I have had a hard time finding good quilt patterns for novelty prints the past couple times I purchased them.  I made up this pattern so tha...